Getting Started with NexGen Virtual Webex
A virtual workplace for Webex users.
Welcome to your NexGen Virtual Webex
To use the NexGen Virtual platform with Webex integration, you will need an account for NexGen Virtual and an account for Webex. Some features supported by Webex are available only for paid accounts so if you are unable to perform specific actions make sure you check your Webex subscription to see if these features are supported with your account.
Signing up for Webex is a simple 3-step process:
1. You will be asked to provide your email address and Webex will send you a verification code to your email. Click the Next button.
2. Enter the verification code.
3. Complete the registration form by entering your First Name, Last Name, phone number (optional), and password. Click the Continue button.
You are now ready to login and link your Webex account in the NexGen Virtual platform.
Logging into NexGen Virtual
Using your Chrome browser, enter https://webex.ngvo.io/yourcompanyname to arrive at your virtual workplace. Click Member Login, then input your email address as your user id and use the default password provided by NexGen and click the blue Sign In button.
Authorizing your Webex Account
The platform will require you to link and authorize your NexGen Virtual account to your Webex account. This will trigger automatically the first time you make a video call. A popup window will display the Webex login form.
1. Enter your Webex account email address and click the Sign-in button.
2. Enter your Webex password and click the Sign In button.
3. Authorize NexGen to access your Webex account and click the Accept button.
Your NexGen Virtual account is now linked and authorized to access your Webex account. Webex issues authorization tokens with a specific duration. Once the token expires, you will need to re-authorize your account following the above steps.
Meet by Video Quick Start Guide
Click on the phone icon to start a video chat
1. Microphone Control
- Click to mute/unmute
- Right Click* to Select alternate microphone input
2. Camera Control
- Click No Video to turn off your camera
- Right Click to select an alternate camera input
- Click Avatars->Default to turn off your camera and display your avatar
3. Screen Sharing control
- Click to start/stop screen share
4. Recording Control
- Click to start/stop video recording: While recording a conference, the circle icon will turn red, and a recording alert will pop up in the upper left-hand-side of the screen of all participants.
- See the Recording Administrator Manual to learn how to manage your recordings. This manual is available under the My Apps icon in the toolbar.
5. Preferences Menu: see section below
6. Gripper Control
- Video is laid out over a grid that becomes faintly visible when you grab the video pane by either the tool bar or the gripper control to give guide points for logical sizes and placement. While stretching, a shadow will show you where on the grid the video pane will land.
Click the vertical ellipse icon to set your video preferences.
Device: These are the devices that will be activated when you click on the Microphone or Camera controls (see #1 and/or #2 above).
- Set the default audio input device
- Set the default video input device
- Set the default audio output device
The remote video section displays all the video streams of the remote participants.
- Meeting info control:Displays a pop-up window with the meeting URL and Meeting ID
- Maximize Control: Maximizes the remote video screen
- Preferences Menu: Controls the layout for the remote participant window and view a list of participants and allows the Host to mute/unmute participants
Remote Video Layout Preferences
The remote video window can display the participants in one of four ways:
- Active presence: The active speaker fills the entire viewing area and the remaining participants are displayed in small rectangles at the bottom of the viewport.
- Single: The active speaker fill the entire viewing area and the remaining participants will not be displayed.
- Equal: All remote participants will be displayed in similar sizd rectangles to fit the entire viewport
- Prominent: The active speaker fill the entire viewing area and the remaining participants are displayed in small rectangles at the top of the viewport.